What People Say
"I must say that it has been a pleasure working with you on this migration. I think you have done an excellent job! I know it’s a really complex data migration to do! I tried some before we got in contact with you, and it almost made me insane!"
Hans Linder – Cinteros AB Sweden
"It’s a easy to use solution for the migration. The contact was very nice and fast. Altogether it’s a perfect customizable solution for migrating from on premise to online hosted CRM"
Benjamin Dodl - DM Dokumenten Management GmbH - Germany
Frequently Asked Questions
It's only natural that you will have questions regarding Echo, we have tried to answer as many as we can below but if you can't find an answer then please just drop us and email at email@example.com.
Can Echo migrate data to the latest CRM Online version?
- If would like to book a Managed Service Migration please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who needs Echo?
- Any customers who currently have a Dynamics CRM 2015, CRM 2013, CRM 2011 or version 4 installation on-premises, and want to start using (or to evaluate) Dynamics CRM Online with their data.
- Any partners who provide upgrade services for their CRM version 4 customers, and want to provide the most accurate migration of data from Dynamics CRM.
What is the difference between a technical and a functional upgrade?
A functional upgrade will review all of the functional areas, and requires a more detailed analysis of the original requirements, as well as options for re-implementing functionality within the new environment.
There are other solutions available, what is unique about Echo?
- Echo will automatically migrate all data from the source (On Premise) database, with no additional configuration or services required.
- The nuances of the CRM API make data mirroring a difficult and sometimes expensive task when addressing destination record status, created date and creation users, to name a few.
- Often overlooked when migrating data manually are data points such as Queues, System User Permissions, Marketing Lists and Party Lists - all of which are supported by Synchronicity Echo.
- Custom entities and custom attributes are automatically mapped and migrated.
Why can't I just provide my database to Microsoft to restore?
- A common question, as far as we know there are no public plans to allow this in the near future.
- The only support way of migrating data into CRM online is either via the standard CRM import functionality or through the API
How long does a migration take?
- The shortanswer is hours and days not minutes. However a very difficult question to answer as the answer depends on a number of variables:
- The size of your source CRM database and the number of records to be migrated.
- The speed of your internet connection and promity to the Microsoft data centres
- Based on the managed migrations we are performing we are gathering some rough data of size to time ratio, however this based on our UK connection.
- We have implemented a number of speed otimisations in our current release which are drastically reducing overall migration times.
Can I exculde an entity from being migrated?
Yes - when we can configure your migration to exclude any legacy entities, being mindful of any relationships.
Can I merge or transform data during a migration?
Yes - this will require some custom scripting which could incur additonal cost but this can be scoped and agreed in advance.
Does Echo support version 4 databases?
- Yes, Echo will migrate the data from v4 source database
- This should not be confused with a v4 to 2011, 2013 or 2015 solution update, that is a separate activity which will need to be done independantly.
- Synchronicity do offer a technical upgrade service - see here for full details and price.
What are your payment terms?
- We generally require up-front payment before any organisation endpoints are activated, please contact Sales if you would like your endpoint activated immediatley.
- In specific circumstances we are happy to grant credit / invoice terms, if you would like to open a credit account please contact Sales.
What is the Delta Process, how does it work?
- The delta process is designed around migrating large live CRM organisations where the actual migration may take many days. In these circumstances it would be unreasonable to stop all activity on the live system while the migration completes.
- For a full explanation of the Delta process please see here
Why can't I just build my own tool?
- You can, we did, just read the SDK. (It took around a year of iterative development and testing)
- However why bother, for such a low price that we are offering it doesn't make commercial sense.
How can we be sure it does what we need?
- Synchronicity Echo is available free for evaluation, from On-Premise to On-Premise, in order to allow you to functionally validate your CRM solution, and the data that is migrated as expected.
How Much does it cost?
- Full details our pricing and the various options can be found here.
Are you stupid?
- Strange question, but a real life one we were asked recently while giving a presenation to CRM partners in Copenhagen. Apparently they were referring to our ridiculously low price?